Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev met with the U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in Istanbul on July 10, Azertac reported.
President Aliyev is on a visit to Istanbul to participate in the 22nd World Petroleum Congress.
The World Petroleum Congress is a platform where consumers, producers, members of the government, representatives of the energy and financial sectors, scientists can discuss the future of global energy.
The congress kicked off July 9 and will end July 13. It is being held under the slogan “Bridges to Our Energy Future.”
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks
- Госсекретарь США Энтони Блинкен позвонил Президенту Ильхаму Алиеву
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden