Azerbaijani tar virtuoso Ramiz Guliyev will perform at the Festival in Toronto, Canada.
Ramiz Guliyev, People’s Artist of Azerbaijan, professor of the Baku Music Academy has won the Award of Caucasian Music Performers in Japan and ranked first in the Fifth Competition of Moscow Artists Unity in 1974.
The Azerbaijani virtuoso musician was awarded a special prize in the International Folklore Festival held in the USA by the UNESCO in 1988.
The tar, a long-necked plucked lute and one of the most important musical instruments in Azerbaijan and the Caucasus, was included in the UNESCO list in 2012. The tar is traditionally crafted and performed throughout Azerbaijan.
The festival date is July 27 – 30, 2017 at the Toronto Harbourfront Centre.
- Three Members of the U.S. House of Representatives announced ‘non grata’, banned from visiting Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov made the remarks at the Extraordinary Session of Council of Ministers of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) member-states in New York
- Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted by US President Donald Trump and his wife
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev addressed opening of 72nd Session of UN General Assembly
- Lincoln Center has made multiple mistakes on its website when advertising the Leyli and Majnun event that they are hosting in October