Azerbaijani tar virtuoso Ramiz Guliyev will perform at the Festival in Toronto, Canada.
Ramiz Guliyev, People’s Artist of Azerbaijan, professor of the Baku Music Academy has won the Award of Caucasian Music Performers in Japan and ranked first in the Fifth Competition of Moscow Artists Unity in 1974.
The Azerbaijani virtuoso musician was awarded a special prize in the International Folklore Festival held in the USA by the UNESCO in 1988.
The tar, a long-necked plucked lute and one of the most important musical instruments in Azerbaijan and the Caucasus, was included in the UNESCO list in 2012. The tar is traditionally crafted and performed throughout Azerbaijan.
The festival date is July 27 – 30, 2017 at the Toronto Harbourfront Centre.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles