Azerbaijani tar virtuoso Ramiz Guliyev will perform at the Festival in Toronto, Canada.
Ramiz Guliyev, People’s Artist of Azerbaijan, professor of the Baku Music Academy has won the Award of Caucasian Music Performers in Japan and ranked first in the Fifth Competition of Moscow Artists Unity in 1974.
The Azerbaijani virtuoso musician was awarded a special prize in the International Folklore Festival held in the USA by the UNESCO in 1988.
The tar, a long-necked plucked lute and one of the most important musical instruments in Azerbaijan and the Caucasus, was included in the UNESCO list in 2012. The tar is traditionally crafted and performed throughout Azerbaijan.
The festival date is July 27 – 30, 2017 at the Toronto Harbourfront Centre.
- Baku’s Old City (Icheri-Sheher) Named Most Comfortable and Accessible Historical City
- US State Dept: Southern Gas Corridor to help diversify gas imports
- Utah State Senate adopts a proclamation commending Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism
- The U.S. State Department Raised its Alert Level For Travel to Azerbaijan.
- Azerbaijan’s Consul General meets the Governor of U.S. State of Idaho