Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to the United States Elin Suleymanov spoke about his country during one of the most popular American radio shows ‘The John Batchelor Show’, where he was invited by the famous radio host John Batchelor.
Batchelor noted that he was amazed by Azerbaijan during a recent visit to the country.
Suleymanov told John Batchelor about the country’s history, attitude to religion and the recent Islamic Solidarity Games, which were successfully hosted in Baku.
The diplomat spoke about the role of women in Azerbaijani society, noting that the right to vote for women in Azerbaijan was provided much earlier than in many Western countries.
The issues of the Azerbaijan’s geostrategic location and its important role in many regional projects were also touched upon. Suleymanov noted that Azerbaijan is interested in the Silk Road project’s implementation, because the country is located at the intersection of two major international transport corridors–from north to south and east to west—and plays the strategic role of a bridge between the two civilizations.
- Azerbaijani, US officials discuss military co-op
- Состоялась встреча председателя Государственного комитета по работе с диаспорой (ГКРД) с директором Американского еврейского комитета (AJC)
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks