Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to the United States Elin Suleymanov spoke about his country during one of the most popular American radio shows ‘The John Batchelor Show’, where he was invited by the famous radio host John Batchelor.
Batchelor noted that he was amazed by Azerbaijan during a recent visit to the country.
Suleymanov told John Batchelor about the country’s history, attitude to religion and the recent Islamic Solidarity Games, which were successfully hosted in Baku.
The diplomat spoke about the role of women in Azerbaijani society, noting that the right to vote for women in Azerbaijan was provided much earlier than in many Western countries.
The issues of the Azerbaijan’s geostrategic location and its important role in many regional projects were also touched upon. Suleymanov noted that Azerbaijan is interested in the Silk Road project’s implementation, because the country is located at the intersection of two major international transport corridors–from north to south and east to west—and plays the strategic role of a bridge between the two civilizations.
- Shakhriyar Mamedyarov defeated Garry Kasparov at The Zagreb Rapid and Blitz – 2021 Croatia Grand Chess Tour
- From Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States of America – Azerbaijan Republic Day
- The Hype Simulator application, created by Azerbaijanis living in Canada
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day in Los Angeles
- Music Festival in Shusha City, Azerbaijan