Nobel Prize laureate, professor at the University of North Carolina Aziz Sancar has received an honorary doctorate from Azerbaijan State Economic University (UNEC).
The decision of the university`s Science Council was announced by rector Adalat Muradov at a conference devoted to Aziz Sancar.
Aziz Sancar is a Turkish-American biochemist and molecular biologist specializing in DNA repair, cell cycle checkpoints, and circadian clock
The rector also said that the university instituted “Aziz Sancar” Award for the best researchers that will be given starting from the next academic year. “UNEC will also set up a food engineering laboratory after Aziz Sancar,” rector Muradov said.
- President Aliyev expresses condolences to Donald Trump, George Walker Bush
- Президент Ильхам Алиев выразил соболезнования Дональду Трампу и Джорджу Бушу-младшему
- Silk Way Airlines expands fleet with another Boeing 747 freighter
- Авиакомпания Silk Way пополнила флот еще одним грузовым лайнером Boeing 747
- President Ilham Aliyev receives US renowned religious figures