Nobel Prize laureate, professor at the University of North Carolina Aziz Sancar has received an honorary doctorate from Azerbaijan State Economic University (UNEC).
The decision of the university`s Science Council was announced by rector Adalat Muradov at a conference devoted to Aziz Sancar.
Aziz Sancar is a Turkish-American biochemist and molecular biologist specializing in DNA repair, cell cycle checkpoints, and circadian clock
The rector also said that the university instituted “Aziz Sancar” Award for the best researchers that will be given starting from the next academic year. “UNEC will also set up a food engineering laboratory after Aziz Sancar,” rector Muradov said.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles