Nobel Prize laureate, professor at the University of North Carolina Aziz Sancar has received an honorary doctorate from Azerbaijan State Economic University (UNEC).
The decision of the university`s Science Council was announced by rector Adalat Muradov at a conference devoted to Aziz Sancar.
Aziz Sancar is a Turkish-American biochemist and molecular biologist specializing in DNA repair, cell cycle checkpoints, and circadian clock
The rector also said that the university instituted “Aziz Sancar” Award for the best researchers that will be given starting from the next academic year. “UNEC will also set up a food engineering laboratory after Aziz Sancar,” rector Muradov said.
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks
- Госсекретарь США Энтони Блинкен позвонил Президенту Ильхаму Алиеву
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden