Lawmakers of the US State of California adopted a resolution on the occasion of the national holiday of Azerbaijan Republic Day
Lawmakers of the US State of California adopted a resolution on the occasion of the national holiday of Azerbaijan – Republic Day.
Initiators of the resolution are Senator Jeff Stone and Member of the California State Assembly Rocky Chavez, according to a message of the Azerbaijani Consulate General in Los Angeles.
The document says that for the first time in the Islamic world, a secular parliamentary state was established in Azerbaijan in 1918.
Azerbaijan over the past 26 years has strengthened its sovereignty and independence, has become a reliable ally and partner of the United States in such an important region as the Caspian region, according to the document.
Azerbaijanis living in California are actively involved in the social life of the state, they make a great contribution to intercultural harmony, stability and prosperity, says the resolution.
- Cостоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджанской Республики Джейхуном Байрамовым и помощником госсекретаря США по делам Европы и Евразии Карен Донфрид
- Azerbaijani, US officials discuss military co-op
- Состоялась встреча председателя Государственного комитета по работе с диаспорой (ГКРД) с директором Американского еврейского комитета (AJC)
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
Leave a Reply