Azerbaijani Pianist and Composer Amina Figarova will be performing at the SFJAZZ Center in San Francisco, California.
Amina is a jazz pianist and composer was born and raised in Baku, Azerbaijan. She began studying music as a child learning the piano and expanding into musical composition and arrangement. Amina attended the Baku Conservatory, where she studied to be a classical concert pianist. She currently lives and teaches in New York, USA.
Combining her classical technique with a love for the music of Oscar Peterson and Duke Ellington, Figarova has released over a dozen exquisite sessions, beginning with her 1994 debut album, Attraction. Since that auspicious beginning, she has established her career based more on her own sterling compositions, and her efforts have been rewarded with appearances at jazz festivals in Newport, New Orleans, Chicago, Paris, and Detroit.
Founded by Randall Kline in 1983 under the name Jazz in the City, SFJAZZ has become the world’s leading cultural institution devoted to jazz and related forms of music, presenting over 300 performances each year at the new SFJAZZ Center and throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
- From Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States of America – Azerbaijan Republic Day
- The Hype Simulator application, created by Azerbaijanis living in Canada
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day in Los Angeles
- Music Festival in Shusha City, Azerbaijan
- Mugham Festival gathers talented musicians from the USA, France, Hungary, Italy, Turkey, Germany and other countries