‘Inner City’ by Azerbaijani filmmaker Ilgar Safat has won the Gold Remi Award at the 50th Worldfest festival in Houston, Texas, USA.
The film was produced by Azerbaijanfilm Studio named after Jafar Jabbarly.
Set in contemporary Azerbaijan, Inner City follows the romance between a young student Arzu, who’s dreams reach beyond the primitive ambitions of her peers, and Rafael, a veteran of the Karabakh war with crushed dreams of his own.
The story explores what it’s like for a young woman to have non-traditional values and love freely in a county that’s driven by a cultural mentality that’s been passed down through generations, as well as the pain that comes along with breaking free from a society’s expectations.
WorldFest is one of the oldest and largest film & video competitions in the world, with more than 4,500 category entries received from 37 countries in 2006.
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks
- Госсекретарь США Энтони Блинкен позвонил Президенту Ильхаму Алиеву
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden