‘Inner City’ by Azerbaijani filmmaker Ilgar Safat has won the Gold Remi Award at the 50th Worldfest festival in Houston, Texas, USA.
The film was produced by Azerbaijanfilm Studio named after Jafar Jabbarly.
Set in contemporary Azerbaijan, Inner City follows the romance between a young student Arzu, who’s dreams reach beyond the primitive ambitions of her peers, and Rafael, a veteran of the Karabakh war with crushed dreams of his own.
The story explores what it’s like for a young woman to have non-traditional values and love freely in a county that’s driven by a cultural mentality that’s been passed down through generations, as well as the pain that comes along with breaking free from a society’s expectations.
WorldFest is one of the oldest and largest film & video competitions in the world, with more than 4,500 category entries received from 37 countries in 2006.
- Фонд возрождения Карабаха организовал поездку в Агдам делегации Азербайджано-американской торговой палаты
- Посольство США в Азербайджане поблагодарило служивших в Афганистане азербайджанских миротворцев
- ABŞ səfiri: Naxçıvan beynəlxalq turistləri qəbul etmək üçün ideal bir məkandır
- Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Governor of the U.S. State of Oklahoma
- Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to US