‘Inner City’ by Azerbaijani filmmaker Ilgar Safat has won the Gold Remi Award at the 50th Worldfest festival in Houston, Texas, USA.
The film was produced by Azerbaijanfilm Studio named after Jafar Jabbarly.
Set in contemporary Azerbaijan, Inner City follows the romance between a young student Arzu, who’s dreams reach beyond the primitive ambitions of her peers, and Rafael, a veteran of the Karabakh war with crushed dreams of his own.
The story explores what it’s like for a young woman to have non-traditional values and love freely in a county that’s driven by a cultural mentality that’s been passed down through generations, as well as the pain that comes along with breaking free from a society’s expectations.
WorldFest is one of the oldest and largest film & video competitions in the world, with more than 4,500 category entries received from 37 countries in 2006.
- США будут применять опыт Азербайджана в Мексиканском заливе
- Consulate General hosts charity event in California in memory of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- Американский космонавт, астронавт NASA: “Азербайджан восхитил меня”
- Azerbaijani carpets to be displayed in U.S.
- US welcomes the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers held in Vienna