Azerbaijani actress Tahmina Rafaella has been nominated for the Best Actress award for her performance in Inner City at WorldFest-Houston, Azerbaijan Center in Houston posted on its Facebook page.
“Inner city” is psychological drama genre, directed by Tahmina Rafaella. The storyline is about love of a young girl to Karabakh war veteran. The lead roles are performed by Tahmina Rafaella, Firdovsi Atakishiyev, Mehriban Zeki and Elmira Shabanova.
The film shooting took place in Baku and Zagatala regions of Azerbaijan. The feature film was produced by J.Jabbarli ‘Azerbayjanfilm’ studio under the order of the Culture and Tourism Ministry.
Screenwriters are Tahmina Rafaella and Ilgar Safat, stage director Ilgar Safat, stagemanaging operator Luca Coassin (Italy), art director Butunay Hagverdiyev, executive producer Ulvi Gasimov, producer Mushfig Hatamov.
“Inner city” was demonstrated at many film festivals, including 7th Yashwant International Film Festival in India, 38th Cairo International Film Festival in Egypt, 47th Indian International Film Festival (Qoa), 20th Tallinn Dark Nights Film Festival in Estonia, 21th Kerala International Film Festival in India.
WorldFest was founded over 50 years ago as an International Film Society in August, 1961. WorldFest became the third competitive international film festival in North America, following San Francisco and New York. WorldFest is the oldest Independent Film & Video Festival in the World.
- Global Soundscapes Festival – Из Канады в Азербайджан
- Memory of victims of January 20 tragedy honored in Azerbaijan’s Shusha city
- Thirty-one years have passed since the bloody 20 January
- Karabakh to become ecotourism center of regional importance – Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Azerbaijan
- Шуша станет одним из символических городов азербайджанского туризма