Diana Hajiyeva will represent Azerbaijan in the Eurovision 2017 Song Contest. Diana Hajiyeva, known by her stage name Dihaj, is a singer based in Baku who is known more recently for her experimental-pop style of music.
Azerbaijan will act in the first semi-final, which will also see performances of Montenegro, Finland, Georgia, Portugal, Belgium, Sweden, Albania and Australia.
Cyprus, Slovenia, Armenia, Moldova, Czech Republic, Latvia, Iceland, Greece, Poland will perform in the second semi-final.
The Big Five and the host country are directly qualified to the final. Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom will vote in Semi-Final 1. Germany, Ukraine and France will vote in Semi-Final 2.
Forty-three countries will participate in the Eurovision 2017 that will take place in the International Exhibition Centre in Kiev, Ukraine, following Ukraine’s victory at the 2016 contest in Stockholm with the song “1944”, performed by Jamala.
Video by Eurovision Song Contest
- City of San Jose in California proclaims October 18 as ‘Azerbaijan Independence Day’
- Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism discussed at International Law and Religion Symposium in the U.S
- Azerbaijan’s Consul General meets U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
- A personal exhibition by Faig Ahmed to open in Washington
- В Азербайджане изменены правила выдачи визы иностранцам