Azerbaijani pianist Shahin Novrasli will give a concert in San Francisco, the USA, in June, Azertac reported.
Novrasli is an eclectic musician, who – like compatriot pianists Vagif Mustafazade and Aziza Mustafazade – has built a reputation beyond his homeland for a tumultuous fusion of American jazz and the Azerbaijani mugham.
His music combines two great cultures from the East and the West.
Shahin’s rare talent emerged from Azerbaijan’s various compositional influences as well as its unusual and rich musical heritage. At only eleven years old, he performed with the local Symphony Orchestra at the Azerbaijan State Philharmonic Hall.
Elegantly blending his classical knowledge, Azerbaijan’s traditional folk “Mugham” and his jazz influences, Shahin created his own unique and accomplished musical universe, among which he combines eastern and western cultures.
Acclaimed musician has performed on some of the most prestigious stages in the world, such as London’s Royal Festival Hall, the Montreux Jazz Festival, the Black Sea Jazz Festival, Prague’s Mezinarodni Piano Festival and numerous clubs and festivals throughout the United States.
With a solo project, a trio with Ari Hoenig and Nathan Peck, countless collaborations with notably Kenny Wheeler, Iain Ballamy and Tim Garland, to name a few, Shahin is today an icon for Azerbaijan Jazz and has received enthusiastic comments from worldwide critics and audiences.
- Azerbaijan`s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov meets with UN Secretary-General in New York
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром
- В США обсудили возможности расширения бизнеса с Азербайджаном
- Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations: Jewish community has long enjoyed peaceful co-existence in Azerbaijan