Su Chershenbesi (Water Tuesday), the first of four magic Tuesdays before the most-loved ancient holiday of Azerbaijanis.
Novruz is a symbol of winter’s end and the advent of spring, an affirmation of life in harmony with nature, indication of equality and fraternity and renewal of nature.
People start celebrations of festive Novruz a month before the holiday, which is associated with four elements – water, fire, earth and wind. Spring comes with all its beauties -water unfreezes, land warms, soil awakes and weather changes.
Novruz Tuesdays are considered sacred. The four Tuesdays are named after these elements and called Su Chershenbesi (Water Tuesday), Od Chershenbesi (Fire Tuesday), Torpaq Chershenbesi (Earth Tuesday) and Hava or Akhir Chershenbe (Wind or Last Tuesday).
Each Tuesday has its own traditions. Thus, according to the folk belief, water purifies and stirs, fire, earth and wind awakens the nature, the trees begin to blossom, symbolizing coming of spring.
Novruz has an ancient history. It is often linked to Zoroastrianism, the oldest of the monotheist religions. Scientific researches relate the Novruz Holiday to the period of prophet Zardush, which dates back 3,500 to 5,000 years.
Another theory suggests that Novruz dates back to ancient Mesopotamia. This holiday was celebrated in the ancient Babylon in Nisan (March, April) and the celebrations lasted 12 days, with each having their ceremonies and performances.
- Лотерея Green Card 2019 (DV-2019) – Ранее поданные заявки аннулированы. Новый регистрационный период
- Green Card Lottery – (Diversity Visa Lottery DV 2019) Entries Submitted During October 3-10 are not valid
- ABŞ-ın ən böyük Ticarət Missiyası Azərbaycana gəlir
- Азербайджанская делегация, возглавляемая министром финансов Самиром Шарифовым, отправилась в Вашингтон
- Azerbaijani delegation, headed by the country’s Finance Minister Samir Sharifov, left for Washington to attend the annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund