High-level American delegation to visit Baku.
The U.S. will be represented at a high level at the 3rd meeting of the Advisory Council of the Southern Gas Corridor (SGC) to be held in Baku on February 23, the embassy in Baku told Trend on January 26.
The embassy didn’t reveal names and positions of those , who will attend the meeting.
The SGC Advisory Council held its first meeting on February 12, 2015, and the second meeting on February 29, 2016.
Earlier the Energy Ministry of Azerbaijan said that the list of the meeting’s participants has been determined, invitations for participation in the meeting have been sent to energy ministers of countries involved in the Southern Gas Corridor that include Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, Italy, Greece, Albania and Bulgaria, Balkan countries, European Commission Vice-President for Energy Union Maros Sefcovic, heads of international financial institutions and representatives of other interested parties.
The Southern Gas Corridor envisages transportation of 10 billion cubic meters of Azerbaijani gas from the Caspian region to Europe via Georgia and Turkey.
The gas will be exported through expansion of the South Caucasus Pipeline and the construction of the Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline and the Trans Adriatic Pipeline.
The first gas supplies through the corridor to Georgia and Turkey are given a target date of late 2018. Gas deliveries to Europe are expected just over a year after the first gas is produced offshore in Azerbaijan.
- Древнее наследие Азербайджана будет представлено в Нью-Йорке
- Azerbaijan is of great regional and global importance – American Jewish Committee
- Президент Ильхам Алиев принял делегацию во главе с исполнительным директором Американского еврейского комитета
- Джейхун Байрамов и помощник госсекретаря США обсудили ситуацию в регионе
- США готовы поддержать всеобъемлющее урегулирование между Азербайджаном и Арменией