Azerbaijani Music featured in the new book “The Music of Central Asia” published in USA.
The Music of Central Asia surveys the rich and diverse musical life of a region once at the center of the trans-Eurasian Silk Road trade that has reemerged in our own time as a crucial arena of global geopolitics. Developed both as a resource for Central Asians to learn about the musical heritage of their own region and to introduce this heritage to readers and listeners worldwide
A companion website (www.musicofcentralasia.org) provides access to some 189 audio and video examples, listening guides and study questions, and transliterations and translations of the performed texts.
The Music of Central Asia include chapter “New Images of Azerbaijani Mugham in the Twentieth Century” from the book “Music of Azerbaijan” by Azerbaijani musicologist, Professor Aida Huseynova.
- Global Soundscapes Festival – Из Канады в Азербайджан
- Memory of victims of January 20 tragedy honored in Azerbaijan’s Shusha city
- Thirty-one years have passed since the bloody 20 January
- Karabakh to become ecotourism center of regional importance – Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Azerbaijan
- Шуша станет одним из символических городов азербайджанского туризма