“Leyli and Majnun” opera by famous composer Uzeyir Hajibayli was presented in New York, US.
The Mark Morris Dance Group’s new collaboration with the Silk Road Ensemble featured legendary mugham vocalist Alim Qasimov and his daughter Fargana Qasimova.
All pieces in this medley are based on the melodic patterns of Bayati Shiraz, which is one of the major mughams of Azerbaijani music. The medley opened with the famous Azerbaijani folk song. The second part of this composition featured the actual mugham Bayati Shiraz where both singers and instrumentalists demonstrated their ability to improvise.
Alim Qasimov, occupies a unique and honorable place in Azerbaijan’s national music history. Qasimov is revered as a National Treasure of Azerbaijan, and he also has enjoyed substantial acclaim abroad.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles