The International Judo Federation has released the results of all national teams for 2016. The results listed the number of medals won by countries. The adult judo team of Azerbaijan has made considerable progress as compared to previous years.
The team led by the Autsrian coach Peter Seisenbacher won 51 awards in competitions of various levels. His clutch includes 14 gold, 10 silver and 27 bronze medals.
The Federation’s results showed that Azerbaijani judokas won 351 times out of 710 fights during the year.
The Azerbaijani judo fighter, silver medalist of Rio-2016 Summer Olympic Games Rustam Orujov was named the best in Azerbaijan’s male team. Moreover, he is the strongest in the world in his weight class of 73kg, as well as among all weight classes. The Federation also pointed out Azerbaijan’s female judoka Aisha Gurbanli (48kg).
The Azerbaijani judo team is considered one of the best in the world. Three Azerbaijani judokas Rustam Orujov, Orkhan Safarov and Elmar Gasimov have topped the International Judo Federation’s world ranking in December.
The Azerbaijani judokas also showed good performance at the Rio-2016, bringing home two silver medals.
Judo is one of the most developed kinds of sport in Azerbaijan. Next year the country’s capital Baku will host the World Judo Championships 2018 among adults.
- Фонд возрождения Карабаха организовал поездку в Агдам делегации Азербайджано-американской торговой палаты
- Посольство США в Азербайджане поблагодарило служивших в Афганистане азербайджанских миротворцев
- ABŞ səfiri: Naxçıvan beynəlxalq turistləri qəbul etmək üçün ideal bir məkandır
- Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Governor of the U.S. State of Oklahoma
- Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to US