The International Judo Federation has released the results of all national teams for 2016. The results listed the number of medals won by countries. The adult judo team of Azerbaijan has made considerable progress as compared to previous years.
The team led by the Autsrian coach Peter Seisenbacher won 51 awards in competitions of various levels. His clutch includes 14 gold, 10 silver and 27 bronze medals.
The Federation’s results showed that Azerbaijani judokas won 351 times out of 710 fights during the year.
The Azerbaijani judo fighter, silver medalist of Rio-2016 Summer Olympic Games Rustam Orujov was named the best in Azerbaijan’s male team. Moreover, he is the strongest in the world in his weight class of 73kg, as well as among all weight classes. The Federation also pointed out Azerbaijan’s female judoka Aisha Gurbanli (48kg).
The Azerbaijani judo team is considered one of the best in the world. Three Azerbaijani judokas Rustam Orujov, Orkhan Safarov and Elmar Gasimov have topped the International Judo Federation’s world ranking in December.
The Azerbaijani judokas also showed good performance at the Rio-2016, bringing home two silver medals.
Judo is one of the most developed kinds of sport in Azerbaijan. Next year the country’s capital Baku will host the World Judo Championships 2018 among adults.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports