The US Embassy in Azerbaijan said Nov. 25 that it launched the Interview Waiver Program for certain qualified applicants wishing to renew their US visas.
Now, Azerbaijani citizens who meet all qualifications and wish to renew their visas within 12-48 months of the date of expiration will no longer be required to make an appointment for a visa application interview with a consular officer, the US embassy said.
If qualified, applicants only need to fill out the visa application form, print out the completed DS-160, pay the visa application fee, and drop off all necessary documents at the Visa Document Courier Services.
Applicants with visas issued before January 1, 2008 must come in person to the embassy to have their fingerprints retaken.
A consular officer will review the application packet and make a determination. If the consular officer has no additional questions, the visa will be available for pick-up in approximately five business days. If the officer has questions about the application, a representative from the embassy will contact the applicant to schedule an interview at the embassy.
With the implementation of the Interview Waiver Program, the US Embassy in Baku seeks to make the visa application process quicker and simpler for Azerbaijani citizens renewing their US visas. Those scheduling visa appointments will be asked a number of questions online.
- Canadian gymnasts hope for success at FIG World Cup in Baku
- Azerbaijani National Dress is Featured at Macy’s Downtown Washington
- “Inner city” film will be shown at the South East European Film Festival in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani Actress Nominated for the Best Actress Award at Wordfest-Houston
- Канадский тренер: Азербайджан проводит большую работу в сфере гимнастики