Connecticut proclaimed October 18, 2016 as Azerbaijan’s Independence Day.
The State of Connecticut with the successful efforts of founders of Connecticut based U.S-Azerbaijani News and Informational website AzeriAmerica.com proclaimed October 18, 2016 as Azerbaijani Independence Day in the State of Connecticut.
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the restoration of Azerbaijan’s independence, Governor Dannel Malloy of the U.S. State of Connecticut has proclaimed October 18, 2016 as “Azerbaijani Independence Day”.
Whereas, Azerbaijani-Americans represent a vibrant community in Connecticut and actively contribute to the regional diversity, intercultural understanding, peace and prosperity in the state; and
Whereas, the Republic of Azerbaijan is situated in the South Caucasus region of Eurasia and has an area of 33,440 square miles, including the Karabakh and Nakhchivan regions, as recognized by the United States and the United Nations; and
Whereas, after meeting with Azerbaijani delegation at the 1919 Paris Peace Conference, President Woodrow Wilson remarked that leaders of Azerbaijan shared his ideals “in respect of conceptions of liberty, in respect of conceptions of right and justice”; and
Whereas, the Republic of Azerbaijan is an active member of the NATO partnership for Peace program, and;
Whereas, the Republic of Azerbaijan was a constituent state of the USSR from 1922 to 1991, and on October 18, 1991, the Parliament of Azerbaijan adopted the Constitutional Act restoring the state independence of Azerbaijan; now
Therefore, I, Dannel P. Malloy, Governor of the State of Connecticut, do hereby proclaim October 18, 2016 as the 25th Azerbaijani Independence Day in the State of Connecticut.
The Official Statement on this occasion was submitted to the founder of AzeriAmerica.com Asif Aliyev.
- Arizona State Capitol event highlights Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism and interfaith tolerance
- The Senate of the U.S. State of Arizona adopts a proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- Внук выдающихся композиторов Закира Багирова и Гара Гараева – саксофонист Зульфугар Багиров выступил на Нью-Йоркской сцене
- Американский наблюдатель: Опыт независимого Азербайджана по проведению выборов – пример для многих стран
- Азербайджан стал вторым на Кубке мира по вольной борьбе