Silk Way West Airlines has opened direct cargo flights between Baku and the largest transportation hub in the United States, Chicago (Illinois).
The first flight from Heydar Aliyev International Airport to O’Hare International Airport was carried out on September 18.
Starting from October 2016, regular transatlantic flights of Silk Way West Airlines on this route will be operated twice a week with one of the most modern cargo aircrafts – Boeing 747-8F Freighter.
The airline said it will further increase its presence in the freight transportation market in the United States.
On April 6, 2016 the governments of Azerbaijan and the United States signed Open Skies air transport agreement, which allowed to liberalize air transport market between the two countries.
Silk Way West Airlines operates regular flights to various regions of the world – Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America, using the Heydar Aliyev International Airport as a transit hub, connecting the continents with one another. Today, Azerbaijan’s civil aviation has announced itself as the official air carrier of the Great Silk Road project connecting East and West.
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”
- Элина Сулейманов: “Независимый Азербайджан – это лучшая дань памяти жертвам событий 20 января 1990 года.”
- 29th Anniversary of the “Black January” tragedy
- ASAN Service centers to render consular services in Azerbaijan
- Тело убитого в США азербайджанца будет доставлено на родину