October 18 proclaimed Azerbaijan Independence Day in the U.S. State of Montana
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the restoration of Azerbaijan’s independence, Governor Steve Bullock of the U.S. State of Montana has proclaimed October 18, 2016 as “Azerbaijan Independence Day” in Montana.
The Governor sent a special letter on this occasion to Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev. The letter says: “I applaud the efforts of the Azerbaijani people to restore and maintain the freedom and independence in the region. For the last twenty-five years, the Republic of Azerbaijan has been regarded internationally as a successful model of peaceful coexistence with people from different religious and cultural backgrounds. I am honored to acknowledge October 18, 2016 as ‘’Azerbaijan Independence Day” and I encourage all Montanans to join in this celebration.”
The Governor of the U.S. State of Nevada Brian Sandoval also congratulated Azerbaijan on its Independence Day. Via a special certificate of recognition sent to Azerbaijan’s Consulate General in Los Angeles, Governor Sandoval conveyed his best wishes on this momentous occasion.
- В Лос-Анджелесе состоялась премьера фильма «Командировка в вечность», снятого при поддержке Фонда Гейдара Алиева
- Президент Ильхам Алиев принял делегацию во главе с командующим Транспортного командования США
- Los Angeles hosts the U.S. premiere screening of Azerbaijani film “Life-Long Mission”
- Monterey City of California honors the 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s National Flag
- U.S.-Caspian Innovation Summit to take place in Boston