‘Azerbaijani Movie Night’ series launched in Los Angeles.
‘Azerbaijani Movie Night’ series, organized jointly by Azerbaijan’s Consulate General in Los Angeles and the Azerbaijani-American Community of Los Angeles, has been launched in Los Angeles.
Within the series, regular screenings of Azerbaijani feature films at the Consulate General are planned.
The first screening of this kind took place on September 2, when the award-winning Azerbaijani film “The 40th Door”, directed and co-produced by Elcin Musaoglu in 2009, was presented.
Azerbaijan’s Consul General Nasimi Aghayev, speaking before the screening, stressed the special role the Azerbaijani cinematography has always played in the country’s promotion abroad.
Therefore he noted that the Consulate General will continue to support this project, jointly implemented with the local Azerbaijani-American community.
Speaking afterwards, the chief co-organizer of the ‘Azerbaijani Movie Night’ series and one of the activists of the Azerbaijani-American community of California, Kimiya Mammadova thanked the Consulate General for the support for the project.
She noted that the major goal of this project was to promote classical and contemporary Azerbaijani movies. Mammadova also informed the audience about film “The 40th Door”.
Then the film was screened. “The 40th Door” was received by the audience with ovations.
The film was shot in 2009 and tells the story of fourteen-year-old Rustam. Rustam lives with his mother in a village. After his father’s death, Rustam tries to provide for himself and his mother, however he has a dream to join a music band.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports