Azerbaijan’s Olympic team departed to Rio de Janeiro with the special charter flight (J2-5102) of Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) last night.
AZAL plane took off from the Heydar Aliyev International Airport at 01:00 (UTC/GMT +4 hours). The plane is expected to arrive at the Rio de Janeiro airport at 12:00 (UTC/GMT -3 hours) on August 1. Azerbaijan’s national team is expected to return to home at 12:20 (UTC/GMT +4 hours) on August 23.
AZAL has a provided wide-body Airbus A340 plane for transporting the Azerbaijani team to the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. All conditions have been created onboard for the comfortable trip of team members, coaching and administrative staffs. The necessary sports and medical equipment will be delivered on the same flight as well.
It is not the first year that AZAL renders services for transportation of the national Olympic team. Aside from that Azerbaijan Airlines has become the general sponsor of Azerbaijan’s Paralympic team in 2016.
Summer Olympic Games will be held in Rio on August 5-21, while the Summer Paralympic Games will take place on September 7-18.
- Фонд возрождения Карабаха организовал поездку в Агдам делегации Азербайджано-американской торговой палаты
- Посольство США в Азербайджане поблагодарило служивших в Афганистане азербайджанских миротворцев
- ABŞ səfiri: Naxçıvan beynəlxalq turistləri qəbul etmək üçün ideal bir məkandır
- Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Governor of the U.S. State of Oklahoma
- Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to US