Azerbaijan’s Olympic team departed to Rio de Janeiro with the special charter flight (J2-5102) of Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) last night.
AZAL plane took off from the Heydar Aliyev International Airport at 01:00 (UTC/GMT +4 hours). The plane is expected to arrive at the Rio de Janeiro airport at 12:00 (UTC/GMT -3 hours) on August 1. Azerbaijan’s national team is expected to return to home at 12:20 (UTC/GMT +4 hours) on August 23.
AZAL has a provided wide-body Airbus A340 plane for transporting the Azerbaijani team to the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. All conditions have been created onboard for the comfortable trip of team members, coaching and administrative staffs. The necessary sports and medical equipment will be delivered on the same flight as well.
It is not the first year that AZAL renders services for transportation of the national Olympic team. Aside from that Azerbaijan Airlines has become the general sponsor of Azerbaijan’s Paralympic team in 2016.
Summer Olympic Games will be held in Rio on August 5-21, while the Summer Paralympic Games will take place on September 7-18.
- Завоевавший Золотую Медаль на Чемпионате Мира в Лондоне Рамиль Гулиев: Я Мечтал Пробежать Круг с Флагом Азербайджана
- Azerbaijani athlete Ramil Guliyev representing Turkey becomes World Champion in Men’s 200 Meters Final – London
- Leyli and Majnun at the Lincoln Center for Performing Arts in New York City
- Amazon предлагает предпринимателям Азербайджана услуги размещения и доставки продукции в США
- В Лерикском районе обнаружены новые находки, относящиеся к античному периоду