U.S. President Barack Obama has sent a congratulatory letter to his Azerbaijani counterpart Ilham Aliyev over the Eid al-Fitr holiday, Azertac reported.
The letter reads:
“Dear Mr. President:
On behalf of the American people, Michelle and I convey our best wishes to you and the people of your country as you celebrate Eid al-Fitr.
Ramadan is a time when Muslims around the world – including the diverse and vibrant community of Muslim Americans – come together in acts of devotion, charity, and goodwill. It is a time when mosques, cultural centers, city halls, and interfaith communities open their doors to neighbors, loved ones, and the less fortunate for iftar meals and dialogue about our shared values and mutual dignity. Albeit brief, Ramadan is an important opportunity to reflect on our common humanity and the values of service and peace.
May this coming year bring you the utmost in joy and prosperity. Eid Mubarak.”
- Global Soundscapes Festival – Из Канады в Азербайджан
- Memory of victims of January 20 tragedy honored in Azerbaijan’s Shusha city
- Thirty-one years have passed since the bloody 20 January
- Karabakh to become ecotourism center of regional importance – Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Azerbaijan
- Шуша станет одним из символических городов азербайджанского туризма