U.S. President Barack Obama has sent a congratulatory letter to his Azerbaijani counterpart Ilham Aliyev over the Eid al-Fitr holiday, Azertac reported.
The letter reads:
“Dear Mr. President:
On behalf of the American people, Michelle and I convey our best wishes to you and the people of your country as you celebrate Eid al-Fitr.
Ramadan is a time when Muslims around the world – including the diverse and vibrant community of Muslim Americans – come together in acts of devotion, charity, and goodwill. It is a time when mosques, cultural centers, city halls, and interfaith communities open their doors to neighbors, loved ones, and the less fortunate for iftar meals and dialogue about our shared values and mutual dignity. Albeit brief, Ramadan is an important opportunity to reflect on our common humanity and the values of service and peace.
May this coming year bring you the utmost in joy and prosperity. Eid Mubarak.”
- Jewish Republican Alliance hosts Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles
- The US attaches great importance to the work of the OSCE Minsk Group and expresses a commitment to an ultimate resolution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- Azerbaijan, US universities sign MoU on agricultural cooperation
- Number of U.S. tourists visiting Azerbaijan up
- США продолжат работу по урегулированию нагорно-карабахского конфликта путем переговоров