Embassy of the United States to Azerbaijan gave an official reception on the occasion of the United States Independence Day. Addressing the participants, U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta informed about the history of his country’s independence. He recalled that, the Declaration of Independence was signed on July on July 4, 1776. He underlined that there is diverse and strategic partnership between the USA and Azerbaijan. Emphasizing the support of US to the independence and sovereignty of Azerbaijan, the Ambassador noted the strong partnership between the two countries.
Minister of Finance Samir Sharifov congratulated the American people on behalf of the Government of Azerbaijan. Speaking about the diplomatic relations between the two countries, the Minister told that, over the past few years in the bilateral relations developed in many areas. He praised the bilateral relations in the political, economic and humanitarian fields. The minister lauded the role of national leader Heydar Aliyev in developing the relations between the two countries to today`s level. Sharifov said successful foreign policy carried out by President Ilham Aliyev contributed to further expanding these ties, as well as to developing democracy, strengthening joint efforts in combating terrorism and deepening the cooperation in the fields of energy and security.
He stressed that, there is close cooperation between Azerbaijan and US in global, regional security field and fight against terrorism. Touching upon the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the minister said Azerbaijan put trust in the US and had big expectations from Washington in settlement of the conflict as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group.
- Мэр американского города Кливленд объявил 28 мая Днем Азербайджана
- В Конгрессе США сделано очередное заявление в связи со 100-летним юбилеем Азербайджанской Демократической Республики
- В Сан-Диего 28 мая объявлено “Днем 100-летия Азербайджанской Демократической Республики”
- Cleveland mayor designates May 28 as Centennial Celebration of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- President of the United States of America Donald Trump congratulated President of Azerbaijan and Azerbaijani people with 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic