The US and Azerbaijan continue to develop cooperation in all the areas, US Ambassador Robert Cekuta said in Baku July 1 at a reception on the occasion of the US Independence Day.
The US supports energy sector’s development in Azerbaijan, the ambassador said, adding his country appreciates Azerbaijan’s participation in the peacekeeping missions in Iraq, Kosovo and Afghanistan.
The diplomat noted that the US highly appreciates the multicultural history of Azerbaijan and is building strong relations with the country in all the spheres.
The ambassador also spoke about the establishment of the US, noting that in 2016 the US celebrates not only the 240th anniversary of independence, but also the 25th anniversary of establishment of relations with Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijani Finance Minister Samir Sharifov, who also addressed the event, expressed hope that the US, as an OSCE Minsk Group co-chairing country, will double efforts to settle the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“Cooperation between the US and Azerbaijan has reached a strategic level,” the minister said. “We appreciate active continuation of the political dialogue between the sides. This year we celebrate the 25th anniversary of establishment of relations between the parties. Development of economic relations between our countries is a priority. Cooperation in the energy sector is also a priority.”
Sharifov added that Azerbaijan is ready to further cooperate with the US in the fight against terrorism.
- В Лос-Анджелесе состоялась премьера фильма «Командировка в вечность», снятого при поддержке Фонда Гейдара Алиева
- Президент Ильхам Алиев принял делегацию во главе с командующим Транспортного командования США
- Los Angeles hosts the U.S. premiere screening of Azerbaijani film “Life-Long Mission”
- Monterey City of California honors the 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s National Flag
- U.S.-Caspian Innovation Summit to take place in Boston