Azerbaijan`s Deputy Premier, Chairman of the State Committee for Refugees and IDPs Ali Hasanov has met with U.S. Ambassador to the country Robert Cekuta.
Hasanov recalled President Ilham Aliyev`s trip to the U.S. and his meetings there. “This visit will contribute to the expansion of cooperation between the two countries.”
He touched upon the April clashes on the contact line between the Azerbaijani and Armenian troops. The Deputy Premier said he visited Fuzuli, Aghdam and Tartar regions to see the consequences of the Armenian provocation. “17 IDPs were killed, 452 houses were damaged, 15 of them were completely destroyed.”
Cekuta said that he has visited Yevlakh, Barda, Goranboy and Tartar regions where he met with IDPs.
He hailed the Azerbaijani government`s efforts to improve living conditions of refugees and IDPs.
The Ambassador also underlined the opportunities for deepening U.S.-Azerbaijani ties in a variety of fields.
- Shakhriyar Mamedyarov defeated Garry Kasparov at The Zagreb Rapid and Blitz – 2021 Croatia Grand Chess Tour
- From Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States of America – Azerbaijan Republic Day
- The Hype Simulator application, created by Azerbaijanis living in Canada
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day in Los Angeles
- Music Festival in Shusha City, Azerbaijan