The U.S. intends to strengthen the mechanism of dialogue with Azerbaijan on strategic partnership, said Bridget Brink, the US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs.
She made the remarks during a meeting with Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov in Baku on June 23.
Bridget Brink is on a visit to Azerbaijan and is holding meetings with the country’s officials to discuss the prospects for the bilateral cooperation.
During the meeting with Mammadyarov, Brink pointed out that her country attaches special importance to the development of cooperation with Azerbaijan, the country’s Foreign Ministry reported.
The U.S. supports the measures taken in Azerbaijan on economic diversification, development of the non-oil sector, as well as the regional transportation infrastructures, she added.
During the meeting, the parties discussed the US-Azerbaijani cooperation in the energy sphere, fighting terrorism, relations in regional security, as well as the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- Azerbaijani Karabakh community talks restoration of tolerant environment in Karabakh
- Jewish Republican Alliance hosts Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles
- The US attaches great importance to the work of the OSCE Minsk Group and expresses a commitment to an ultimate resolution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- Azerbaijan, US universities sign MoU on agricultural cooperation
- Number of U.S. tourists visiting Azerbaijan up