“Dance”, an academic work by prominent Azerbaijani composer Frangiz Alizada, will be performed in the framework of tour, organized by the world-renowned Kronos Quartet, Trend Life reported.
The musical piece was written on the basis of folk dance elements and reflects the various dance rhythms.
Alizade enjoys long productive cooperation with Kronos, which has presented her works, including Mugamsayagy, Absheron, and Oasis since 1993.
Grammy Award-winning quartet Kronos was created in 1973 under the leadership of David Harrington. The ensemble counts numerous performers from around the world among its collaborators, including the world famous mugham singer, Azerbaijani People’s Artist Alim Gasimov.
American string quartet performs works by such famous authors as Alban Berg, Anton Vebrn, Samuel Barber, Gia Kanchelli Steve Raikes, Peteris Vaskas.
Noteworthy, Kronos Quartet premiered “Dance” in San Francisco, on February 4.
The concert, which was attended by more than 500 spectators, was held in the famous San Francisco Jazz Center. “Dance” enjoyed a warm public welcome.
The composition is expected to be performed in the Netherlands, Poland, France, Slovakia and China.
Frangiz Alizada is an Azerbaijani composer and pianist, currently living in Germany. She is best known for her works which combine the musical tradition of the Azerbaijani Mugam and 20th century Western composition techniques, especially those of Arnold Schonberg and Gara Garayev.
Firangiz Alizada’s works have been performed at festivals in Stockholm, Warsaw, London, Heidelberg, Amsterdam, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Frankfurt, Berlin, Zurich, Bonn and Cologne.
- Forbes рассказало о туристическом потенциале Азербайджана
- Steven Seagal will become a special guest of the International Music Festival Zhara 2018 in Baku
- Государственный департамент США поддерживает проект “Южный газовый коридор”
- Azerbaijan Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies has signed a three-year agreement with Microsoft for the purchase of software licenses
- Azerbaijan strengthens its influence on world stage