U.S.-Azerbaijan cooperation addresses socio-economic development in Khachmaz
Residents of the Lejet community of the Khachmaz district celebrated the completion of a complete renovation of the local kindergarten. The opening ceremony was attended by Mrs. Anne Cekuta, the spouse of U.S. Ambassador Cekuta, along with representatives of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Ministry of Economy, the local Executive Committee, and the municipal government. The project was co-financed by USAID and the Government of Azerbaijan and implemented by the East-West Management Institute (EWMI) under the Socio-Economic Development Activity (SEDA).
The kindergarten serving the Lejet community was built in 1955 and had not been repaired since its construction. The kindergarten lacked a heating system and over the years, the building fell into disrepair with a leaking roof and damaged floors. The overall poor condition of the building created an unsafe environment for the children and teachers.
With support from EWMI, the community completely renovated the kindergarten and installed a 3-ton water tank to ensure continuous access to water. The renovated kindergarten will now provide a warm, safe, and a healthy learning environment for more than 30 children of the community.
The opening ceremony coincides with the International Day for Protection of Children, widely observed around the world on June 1. Today serves as a reminder to everyone that we must uphold our commitment to stand up for children’s rights and to take action to provide them with healthy homes and communities, quality schools, and safe places to play and grow. Every child should grow up feeling secure.
This is the third kindergarten renovation in Azerbaijan completed with USAID sponsorship through EWMI. In total, EWMI has implemented 75 projects in 65 communities benefiting nearly 100,000 people around Azerbaijan with USAID support. Through SEDA, EWMI promotes cooperation between citizens, civil society organizations, and government to advance socio-economic development.
- Cостоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджанской Республики Джейхуном Байрамовым и помощником госсекретаря США по делам Европы и Евразии Карен Донфрид
- Azerbaijani, US officials discuss military co-op
- Состоялась встреча председателя Государственного комитета по работе с диаспорой (ГКРД) с директором Американского еврейского комитета (AJC)
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
Leave a Reply