The commanding general of the US Army Europe Ben Hodges is in Azerbaijan on a visit, the US Embassy in Baku told Trend.
Hodges will hold a number of high level bilateral meetings, and the sides will discuss possibilities of expanding cooperation.
The meetings in Baku and Brussels are held to analyze the fulfillment of the activities and objectives of the “Partnership for Peace” program between Azerbaijan and NATO as part of the fourth stage of the Individual Partnership Action Plan for 2015-2016 and the Planning and Review Process (PARP) together with the NATO International Staff.
Azerbaijan is an active partner of NATO in peacekeeping operations. Around 27 of 41 tasks of the partnership adopted by Azerbaijan within PARP refer to the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan. Some adopted objectives of the partnership have been fulfilled. The work is underway to fulfill other long-term objectives of the partnership.
- US, Azerbaijan help farmers make affordable animal feed in Zardab
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has sent a letter of condolence to US President Donald Trump
- The US is impressed with the progress in implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor
- США сделали прогноз по добыче нефти в Азербайджане
- Works by American artist Jacob Martin will be shown in Baku