The commanding general of the US Army Europe Ben Hodges is in Azerbaijan on a visit, the US Embassy in Baku told Trend.
Hodges will hold a number of high level bilateral meetings, and the sides will discuss possibilities of expanding cooperation.
The meetings in Baku and Brussels are held to analyze the fulfillment of the activities and objectives of the “Partnership for Peace” program between Azerbaijan and NATO as part of the fourth stage of the Individual Partnership Action Plan for 2015-2016 and the Planning and Review Process (PARP) together with the NATO International Staff.
Azerbaijan is an active partner of NATO in peacekeeping operations. Around 27 of 41 tasks of the partnership adopted by Azerbaijan within PARP refer to the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan. Some adopted objectives of the partnership have been fulfilled. The work is underway to fulfill other long-term objectives of the partnership.
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks
- Госсекретарь США Энтони Блинкен позвонил Президенту Ильхаму Алиеву
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden