On the Occasion of Republic Day in Azerbaijan
Secretary of State
On behalf of President Obama and the American people, I congratulate the citizens of Azerbaijan as you observe Republic Day on May 28.
For more than a quarter century, our two countries have worked together on behalf of security and prosperity in and beyond Europe. The United States strongly supports measures to increase economic opportunity, to promote freedom of expression and political participation, and to ensure a peaceful and stable future for all Azerbaijan’s citizens.
Azerbaijan plays a vital role as a supplier of energy to European markets, and the United States fully backs your efforts to increase regional energy diversification. My government values our partnership with you in the fight against violent extremism and our close collaboration on transnational issues. The United States also remains committed to facilitating a resolution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
On this special day, I offer my best wishes to all the people of Azerbaijan.
- Forbes рассказало о туристическом потенциале Азербайджана
- Steven Seagal will become a special guest of the International Music Festival Zhara 2018 in Baku
- Государственный департамент США поддерживает проект “Южный газовый коридор”
- Azerbaijan Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies has signed a three-year agreement with Microsoft for the purchase of software licenses
- Azerbaijan strengthens its influence on world stage