The American companies are interested in cooperation with Azerbaijan in transport sector, in particular the East-West (TRACECA) multimodal corridor.
Robert Cekuta, the US Ambassador to Azerbaijan, made the remarks in the sidelines of the 15th Transport, transit and logistics international exhibition and the 4th Road infrastructure and public transport VI Caspian international exhibition on May 11.
“American companies have achieved great success in both transport construction, and creating software for this sector. And we are ready to help Azerbaijan, and to participate in projects in both areas,” Cekuta said. “We are very pleased to continue cooperation in this sphere. We are already working in different spheres to ensure transparency and are ready to continue our cooperation.”
Wavetronix, an American company specializing in intelligent traffic management, also takes part in the exhibitions.
He said that the exhibitions can be considered as an example of diversified economy and development of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Iran, Moldova, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Armenia are the member countries of the organization. Since 2009 TRACECA has been entirely financed by member countries.
The major objective of the project was to develop transport corridor from Europe to Central Asia via the Black Sea, Caucasus and the Caspian Sea. Azerbaijan, connecting the routes between West and East, plays a significant role in functioning of TRACECA.
- Arizona State Capitol event highlights Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism and interfaith tolerance
- The Senate of the U.S. State of Arizona adopts a proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- Внук выдающихся композиторов Закира Багирова и Гара Гараева – саксофонист Зульфугар Багиров выступил на Нью-Йоркской сцене
- Американский наблюдатель: Опыт независимого Азербайджана по проведению выборов – пример для многих стран
- Азербайджан стал вторым на Кубке мира по вольной борьбе