Five new documentary films on Azerbaijan were produced in the U.S with the support of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism as well as Azerbaijan’s Consulate General in Los Angeles.
The films are “Azerbaijan: Land of Hope & Inspiration”; “Cultural & Natural History of Azerbaijan”; “Baku: Jewel of the Caspian”; “Jews of Azerbaijan: A Model for Muslim-Jewish Coexistence”; and “Christian & Muslim Villages of Azerbaijan”.
The documentaries provide information about Azerbaijan’s rich and colorful culture, history, traditions, beautiful nature and tourism opportunities. They highlight the steady development of Azerbaijan as an independent nation since 1991, and the country’s positive multiculturalism and successful model of multi-faith tolerance and harmony, which allow for Muslims, Christians, Jews and representatives of other faiths to continue to live together in peace and mutual respect.
The films have already been aired by over 20 TV channels of the United States. By late 2016, the films will be shown by 50 television stations located in 21 U.S. states, including California, reaching 19 million homes.
The documentaries were filmed and produced by ECONEWS Television and Radio Series. ECONEWS is a 3-Time EMMY-nominated series that has produced over 600 environmental television shows since 1984, and 2000 Environmental Directions Radio shows since 1977. ECONEWS is a United Nations Environment Programme Global 500 Laureate. ECONEWS shows have also received awards in the Hometown USA Video Festival, AVEDA U. S. Environmental Film Festival and other film festivals.
ECONEWS Host Nancy Pearlman and her film crew visited Azerbaijan to film the documentary shows in both Baku and various regions of Azerbaijan.
- Jewish Republican Alliance hosts Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles
- The US attaches great importance to the work of the OSCE Minsk Group and expresses a commitment to an ultimate resolution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- Azerbaijan, US universities sign MoU on agricultural cooperation
- Number of U.S. tourists visiting Azerbaijan up
- США продолжат работу по урегулированию нагорно-карабахского конфликта путем переговоров