Azerbaijan’s State Musical Theatre hosted a meeting with representatives of the U.S. embassy in Baku, Trend Life reports.
Theatre Director Aligismet Lalayev, addressing the meeting, spoke about cultural and friendly relations between Azerbaijan and the United States.
“We believe that the project supported by the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan will play an important role in the development of cultural relations between our countries”, said Lalayev.
Amy Petersen, Cultural Affairs Officer at the U.S. Embassy, for her part, said that ties between the two nations are expanding every day. She stressed that the meeting is aimed at further developing relations between the two countries.
“The Musical Theatre is a perfect space for musical project “the Broadway”. We believe that the joint project of Company-E and Azerbaijan State Musical Theatre will be a great success,” said Peterson. The project is scheduled for mid-May 2016.
Company E, chaired by Paul Gordon Emerson, is a contemporary repertory dance company and film-making group deeply committed to the finest repertory and artistry.
Since Azerbaijan’s emergence as an independent nation in 1991, the U.S.-Azerbaijan relationship has evolved into a strategic partnership based on mutual interests and common values. The two countries cooperate in various fields including, energy, economy, agriculture, culture, education and security.
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia