Azerbaijan and the U.S. intend to liberalize the air transport market with a view to simplify the process of organizing flights between the two countries
Azerbaijan and the U.S. intend to liberalize the air transport market with a view to simplify the process of organizing flights between the two countries.
President of Azerbaijan Airlines Jahangir Asgarov and U.S. Ambassador to Baku Robert Cekuta signed an Open Skies Agreement for liberalization of air transport, which will also contribute to increasing the number of commercial flights between the two states.
Open Skies Agreement envisages elimination of state interference in commercial decisions about the airlines’ routes and pricing, which enables operators to provide more accessible and efficient services for passenger and cargo services.
Earlier, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration ranked the country the highest level of security – “A” category due to the improvement of the regulatory framework of Azerbaijan civil aviation.
This enabled the launch of direct flights between the two countries. Regular AZAL flights from Baku to New York have run since September 23, 2014 twice a week by Boeing-787-8 Dreamliner modern aircraft.
Direct flights to New York have become the first flight from South Caucasus to North America, which strengthened the status of AZAL as a regional leader in the air passenger transportation.
Azerbaijan Airlines is a major air carrier and one of the leaders of the aviation community of CIS countries. AZAL with the newest airplane fleets, consisting of 25 airplanes, does not have a single old plane.
The total route network of AZAL, one of the aviation community leaders in the CIS area, includes 40 destinations in 19 countries.
Being an important member of the International Civil Aviation Organization Council, for its services AZAL received a prestigious “4 Stars” from the leader in air transport research, the world-famous British consulting company Skytrax last June.
- Azerbaijan Airlines to Expand its Fleet with State-of-the-Art Boeing 787 Dreamliners
- Джейхун Байрамов обсудил с исполняющим обязанности помощника госсекретаря США ситуацию в регионе
- US companies eye participating in Azerbaijan implemented projects: US Assistant Secretary of Commerce
- В канадской провинции Онтарио состоялись открытие Дома Азербайджана и встреча с азербайджанской общиной
- Cостоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджанской Республики Джейхуном Байрамовым и помощником госсекретаря США по делам Европы и Евразии Карен Донфрид
Leave a Reply