Hikmat Hajiyev, Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
As reported by the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Azerbaijan, over the night… of April 2, Armenian side by using heavy weapons fired the positions of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and conducted sabotage and attacks along the line of contact. Armenian armed forces also shelled densely populated areas in the vicinity of the contact line. As a result of irresponsible deliberate actions of Armenia there is information about killed and injured civilians. Serious damage was also inflicted upon the private properties.
Armenia’s actions of shelling civilian objects in flagrant violation of its obligations under the international humanitarian law have to be strongly condemned by the international community.
All responsibility lies on Armenia as a state which conducted occupation and aggression.
The actions of Armenian armed forces to escalate the situation are coinciding with the occupation of Kalbajar region of Azerbaijan on April 2, 1993. The UN Security Council has adopted resolution 822 (1993) in regards with the occupation of Kalbajar.
The UNSC Resolutions 822(1993), 853(1993), 874(1993) and 884(1993) demand complete and unconditional withdrawal of Armenian troops from all occupied territories of Azerbaijan. However, Armenia continues occupation of Azerbaijan’s territories, its deliberate actions to escalate the situation and to target the civilians.
Azerbaijan has repeatedly stated that the illegal presence of Armenian troops in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan remains a major obstacle in resolution of the conflict and causes for the escalation of the situation and occurrence of incidents.
To achieve progress in the resolution of the conflict and to ensure the lasting peace in the region the international community, first and foremost, has to demand firmly from the official Yerevan to withdraw its armed forces from all occupied territories of Azerbaijan in accordance with the relevant resolutions of UNSC.
- Зимняя акция от AZAL: Бесплатный авиабилет детям при путешествии с родителями
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) announces a new winter campaign: Free air tickets for children traveling with parents
- Бакинская высшая школа нефти укрепляет партнерские связи с Baker Hughes, General Electric Company
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”
- Элин Сулейманов: “Независимый Азербайджан – это лучшая дань памяти жертвам событий 20 января 1990 года.”