The U.S. affirmed support for Azerbaijan`s territorial integrity, said US Department of State spokesperson John Kirby following a meeting between Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry. “The two discussed efforts to resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Secretary Kerry affirmed U.S. support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and underscored our concern about violence along the Line of Contact and the international border. He emphasized our commitment to working with the sides to reach a comprehensive settlement based on the principles of international law, the UN Charter, and the Helsinki Final Act,” said Kirby.
“Secretary Kerry commended Azerbaijan`s role in European energy security as a leader in developing the Southern Gas Corridor. He expressed U.S. support for Azerbaijan`s efforts to become a regional trade hub. He also thanked President Aliyev for Azerbaijan`s contributions to NATO`s mission in Afghanistan, its support for peacekeeping operations, and its important counterterrorism role. On democracy and human rights issues, Secretary Kerry welcomed Azerbaijan`s recent positive steps,” he added.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports