The U.S. affirmed support for Azerbaijan`s territorial integrity, said US Department of State spokesperson John Kirby following a meeting between Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry. “The two discussed efforts to resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Secretary Kerry affirmed U.S. support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and underscored our concern about violence along the Line of Contact and the international border. He emphasized our commitment to working with the sides to reach a comprehensive settlement based on the principles of international law, the UN Charter, and the Helsinki Final Act,” said Kirby.
“Secretary Kerry commended Azerbaijan`s role in European energy security as a leader in developing the Southern Gas Corridor. He expressed U.S. support for Azerbaijan`s efforts to become a regional trade hub. He also thanked President Aliyev for Azerbaijan`s contributions to NATO`s mission in Afghanistan, its support for peacekeeping operations, and its important counterterrorism role. On democracy and human rights issues, Secretary Kerry welcomed Azerbaijan`s recent positive steps,” he added.
- The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan opened the Kurdemir American Corner
- Azerbaijan maintains strong counterterrorism co-op with US
- Посол Азербайджана в США Элин Сулейманов рассказал о последней армянской провокации на форуме The Heritage Foundation
- Президент Ильхам Алиев: Отношения между Азербайджаном и США вступают в новую стадию
- Глава консульской службы посольства Соединенных Штатов в Азербайджане Ким Моралес: Как получить неиммиграционную визу США в Азербайджане