Hill International, the global leader in managing construction risk, announced today that it has received a contract from Technipetrol Hellas S.A., an affiliate of Technip S.A., to provide project management support services in connection with construction of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) project.
TAP is the European leg of the Southern Gas Corridor, a complex value chain of energy projects that links natural gas supplies from Azerbaijan to Europe. Europe needs new sources of gas to meet its long-term energy demand, replace its own declining energy production, fuel economic growth and diversify its energy supply. Natural gas is expected to play an increasingly important role in the European energy mix for decades to come. As the cleanest fossil fuel, it has clear environmental advantages over other energy sources such as coal and oil. Also, it provides an important and flexible energy option in conjunction with renewable energy. The 870-kilometer pipeline will connect to the Trans Anatolian Pipeline on the Turkish-Greek border, and will run through Greece, Albania and the Adriatic Sea before coming ashore in southern Italy. The project is expected to be completed by 2020.
“This is a massive undertaking that will have an enormous impact on the energy supply and overall regional economy of Southern Europe,” said Raouf S. Ghali, Hill’s Chief Operating Officer. “Hill is very excited to be assisting Technip with this important project,” added Ghali.
Hill International, with 4,800 professionals in 100 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, construction claims and other consulting services primarily to the buildings, transportation, environmental, energy and industrial markets. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the seventh largest construction management firm in the United States.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles