Hill International, the global leader in managing construction risk, announced today that it has received a contract from Technipetrol Hellas S.A., an affiliate of Technip S.A., to provide project management support services in connection with construction of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) project.
TAP is the European leg of the Southern Gas Corridor, a complex value chain of energy projects that links natural gas supplies from Azerbaijan to Europe. Europe needs new sources of gas to meet its long-term energy demand, replace its own declining energy production, fuel economic growth and diversify its energy supply. Natural gas is expected to play an increasingly important role in the European energy mix for decades to come. As the cleanest fossil fuel, it has clear environmental advantages over other energy sources such as coal and oil. Also, it provides an important and flexible energy option in conjunction with renewable energy. The 870-kilometer pipeline will connect to the Trans Anatolian Pipeline on the Turkish-Greek border, and will run through Greece, Albania and the Adriatic Sea before coming ashore in southern Italy. The project is expected to be completed by 2020.
“This is a massive undertaking that will have an enormous impact on the energy supply and overall regional economy of Southern Europe,” said Raouf S. Ghali, Hill’s Chief Operating Officer. “Hill is very excited to be assisting Technip with this important project,” added Ghali.
Hill International, with 4,800 professionals in 100 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, construction claims and other consulting services primarily to the buildings, transportation, environmental, energy and industrial markets. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the seventh largest construction management firm in the United States.
- US House of Reps member: Azerbaijan is important actor for advancement of global security
- Член комитета по энергетике и торговле Палаты представителей Конгресса США Юджин Грин: Азербайджан – значимая страна для прогресса глобальной безопасности
- Госдеп США: TANAP является прочным дополнительным элементом энергетической безопасности Турции и Европы
- The Mayor of the US capital city of Washington Muriel Bowser signed the proclamation in connection with the centennial of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- Celebration of the Centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in Washington, DC