James Warlick, OSCE Minsk Group co-chair from the U.S., disproved information on a meeting of Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev and Armenia’s head Serzh Sargsyan as part of the Nuclear Security Summit to be held in Washington late this week.
“There are no plans for holding a meeting of the presidents in Washington,” Warlick told Trend, emphasizing that the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, brokering talks over a resolution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, are ready to promote an active dialogue between the heads of state this year.
Armenian media earlier reported that the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia will hold a meeting on the sidelines of the Summit to mull the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“On behalf of the other co-chairs, I plan to hold meetings with the sides to the conflict to discuss developments in the Nagorno-Karabakh peace process,” Warlick added.
For more than two decades Armenia and Azerbaijan are in a state of war following Yerevan’s aggression, ethnic cleansing policy and illegal territorial claims against Azerbaijan. Armenia keeps under control over 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s internationally recognized territory, including Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent regions in a brutal war in the early 1990s.
The OSCE Minsk Group acted as the only mediator in resolution of the conflict, proceeding talks based on the renewed Madrid principles. The statements promising a sincere contribution to the peaceful resolution of the conflict have become frequent, but declarative in essence.
- Лотерея Green Card 2019 (DV-2019) – Ранее поданные заявки аннулированы. Новый регистрационный период
- Green Card Lottery – (Diversity Visa Lottery DV 2019) Entries Submitted During October 3-10 are not valid
- ABŞ-ın ən böyük Ticarət Missiyası Azərbaycana gəlir
- Азербайджанская делегация, возглавляемая министром финансов Самиром Шарифовым, отправилась в Вашингтон
- Azerbaijani delegation, headed by the country’s Finance Minister Samir Sharifov, left for Washington to attend the annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund