Azerbaijani Defense Ministry and the US Department of Defense held bilateral consultations in the defense sector in Washington on March 23, according to the message of Azerbaijani Embassy in the US.
Issues of military cooperation in the context of strategic cooperation between Azerbaijan and the US, cooperation within NATO as well as other issues of mutual interest and future plans were discussed during the consultations.
Azerbaijani delegation consisting of representatives of the foreign ministry and the defense ministry was led by head of the International Military Cooperation Department, major general Huseyn Mahmudov, and the US delegation, which included representatives of the ministry of defense and the state department, command of the Joint Staff, and the representatives of the Oklahoma National Guard, was led by US Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Michael Carpenter.
The event was also attended by the US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta and Azerbaijani Ambassador to the US Elin Suleymanov.
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром
- В США обсудили возможности расширения бизнеса с Азербайджаном
- Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations: Jewish community has long enjoyed peaceful co-existence in Azerbaijan
- Margot Ellis, acting assistant administrator for US Agency for International Development visits Azerbaijan