The National History Museum of Azerbaijan has acquired a new ethnographic object. This unique dower chest dates back to the 20th century and belongs to the Shusha region of Azerbaijan.
Floral patterns were depicted on the dower chest, which is made of iron. The valuable exhibit will soon be transferred to the Ethnographic Fund of the Museum.
The Azerbaijan National Museum of History is one of the architectural pearls of the country, dating back to the 19 century. The largest museum in the country, was originally the private residence of Haji Zeynalabdin Taghiyev, who was the famous national oil baron remembered for his generous philanthropy.
Over 300,000 items are assembled in 10 collections in the museum, including a valuable library consisting mainly of unique books. The collections allow visitors and researchers to investigate the history of the country and the daily life and culture of the nation from ancient times to the present.
In recent years the Museum were restored, which enabled to return many invaluable art samples, lost abroad, back to the country. A total of 4,000 new exhibits were purchased and 1,200 exhibits gained a second life after restoration.
The collections allow visitors and researchers to investigate the history of the country and the daily life and culture of the nation from ancient times to the present.
- Впервые в Бостоне заслуженный артист республики Азербайджан – Шовги Гусейнов
- Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has expressed condolences to President of the United States of America
- Президент Ильхам Алиев выразил соболезнования Дональду Трампу
- Azerbaijani Communications Minister Meets US Ambassador
- Министр транспорта, связи и высоких технологий Азербайджана Рамин Гулузаде встретился с послом США