The Mayor`s Office of the city of Hallandale Beach, the state of Florida, U.S., has adopted a proclamation on the 24th anniversary of Khojaly genocide.
The proclamation says: “On February 25-26, 1992, the population of the town of Khojaly of Azerbaijan was subjected to a massacre, resulting in the death of over 600 innocent civilians, including many children, women, and elderly.” “The renowned international humanitarian organization, Human Rights Watch called this tragedy the largest massacre in the region.”
“This event in Khojaly is a sobering reminder of the terrible damage that can be inflicted in wartime and the enduring need for the greater understanding, communication, and tolerance, among people all over the world,” the proclamation says.
“Azerbaijanis living in Hallandale Beach and around the globe observe February 26th every year, as a day of remembrance, honoring victims of the Khojaly massacre.
“Therefore, I, Joy F.Cooper, Mayor of the City of Hallandale Beach Florida, on behalf of City Commission, do hereby proclaim February 26, 2016 as Khojaly Remembrance Day.”
The proclamation was presented to president of Florida Azerbaijan Association Tohfa Eminova.
- Зимняя акция от AZAL: Бесплатный авиабилет детям при путешествии с родителями
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) announces a new winter campaign: Free air tickets for children traveling with parents
- Бакинская высшая школа нефти укрепляет партнерские связи с Baker Hughes, General Electric Company
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”
- Элин Сулейманов: “Независимый Азербайджан – это лучшая дань памяти жертвам событий 20 января 1990 года.”