The Mayor`s Office of the city of Hallandale Beach, the state of Florida, U.S., has adopted a proclamation on the 24th anniversary of Khojaly genocide.
The proclamation says: “On February 25-26, 1992, the population of the town of Khojaly of Azerbaijan was subjected to a massacre, resulting in the death of over 600 innocent civilians, including many children, women, and elderly.” “The renowned international humanitarian organization, Human Rights Watch called this tragedy the largest massacre in the region.”
“This event in Khojaly is a sobering reminder of the terrible damage that can be inflicted in wartime and the enduring need for the greater understanding, communication, and tolerance, among people all over the world,” the proclamation says.
“Azerbaijanis living in Hallandale Beach and around the globe observe February 26th every year, as a day of remembrance, honoring victims of the Khojaly massacre.
“Therefore, I, Joy F.Cooper, Mayor of the City of Hallandale Beach Florida, on behalf of City Commission, do hereby proclaim February 26, 2016 as Khojaly Remembrance Day.”
The proclamation was presented to president of Florida Azerbaijan Association Tohfa Eminova.
- Лотерея Green Card 2019 (DV-2019) – Ранее поданные заявки аннулированы. Новый регистрационный период
- Green Card Lottery – (Diversity Visa Lottery DV 2019) Entries Submitted During October 3-10 are not valid
- ABŞ-ın ən böyük Ticarət Missiyası Azərbaycana gəlir
- Азербайджанская делегация, возглавляемая министром финансов Самиром Шарифовым, отправилась в Вашингтон
- Azerbaijani delegation, headed by the country’s Finance Minister Samir Sharifov, left for Washington to attend the annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund