The Mayor`s Office of the city of Hallandale Beach, the state of Florida, U.S., has adopted a proclamation on the 24th anniversary of Khojaly genocide.
The proclamation says: “On February 25-26, 1992, the population of the town of Khojaly of Azerbaijan was subjected to a massacre, resulting in the death of over 600 innocent civilians, including many children, women, and elderly.” “The renowned international humanitarian organization, Human Rights Watch called this tragedy the largest massacre in the region.”
“This event in Khojaly is a sobering reminder of the terrible damage that can be inflicted in wartime and the enduring need for the greater understanding, communication, and tolerance, among people all over the world,” the proclamation says.
“Azerbaijanis living in Hallandale Beach and around the globe observe February 26th every year, as a day of remembrance, honoring victims of the Khojaly massacre.
“Therefore, I, Joy F.Cooper, Mayor of the City of Hallandale Beach Florida, on behalf of City Commission, do hereby proclaim February 26, 2016 as Khojaly Remembrance Day.”
The proclamation was presented to president of Florida Azerbaijan Association Tohfa Eminova.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports