The Senate of the State of Kentucky, USA, has passed a resolution recognizing the 25th anniversary of the restoration of Azerbaijan’s independence.
The resolution says that on January 19-20, 1990, Soviet special troops stormed Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, brutally killing and wounding innocent people.
“This uprising became known as Black January. Following the massacre, an investigation conducted by Human Rights Watch found evidence that Soviet troops acted without justification against the citizens of Azerbaijan, firing on ambulances, using armored vehicles and weapons meant for high-tech warfare, and using expanding bullets prohibited by the 1899 Hague Convention to kill women, children, and the elderly. In response to Black January, the people of Azerbaijan became dedicated to restoring their independence, which it accomplished in October 1991.”
In the resolution, the members of the Senate “acknowledge the sacrifices of those who died during Black January in 1990”. “The Senate recognizes the 25th anniversary of the independence of Azerbaijan,” the resolution says.
- Baker Hughes и SOCAR подписали меморандум о взаимопонимании
- Президент Ильхам Алиев принял делегацию компании CISCO
- Exhibition of Handmade Azerbaijani Rugs in Washington, DC
- Azeri America marks its 10th Anniversary this year
- В США обсудили ключевую роль азербайджанского мегапроекта в энергобезопасности