Azerbaijan`s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov has met a delegation led by NATO Secretary General’s Special Representative for the Caucasus and Central Asia James Appathurai.
The sides exchanged views on the current state and prospects of relations between Azerbaijan and NATO.
NATO Secretary General’s Special Representative for the Caucasus and Central Asia James Appathurai hailed relations and successful cooperation between Azerbaijan and NATO, and especially mentioned the continuous support of Azerbaijan to the operations in Afghanistan for the sake of international peace and security.
Pointing out the reliable and steady relations between Azerbaijan and NATO, Minister Elmar Mammadyarov stressed the development of cooperation within the frames of Individual Partnership Action Plan, Planning and Review Process and Operational Capabilities Concept. He mentioned that Azerbaijan will continue to contribute to the Resolute Support Mission of NATO in Afghanistan.
Mentioning that the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict constitutes major threat to the stability and security in the region, FM Mammadyarov emphasized that for the resolution of the conflict Armenia has to withdraw its armed forces from all occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
At the meeting the sides also discussed regional and international issues of mutual interest.
- City of San Jose in California proclaims October 18 as ‘Azerbaijan Independence Day’
- Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism discussed at International Law and Religion Symposium in the U.S
- Azerbaijan’s Consul General meets U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
- A personal exhibition by Faig Ahmed to open in Washington
- В Азербайджане изменены правила выдачи визы иностранцам