Azerbaijan`s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov has met a delegation led by NATO Secretary General’s Special Representative for the Caucasus and Central Asia James Appathurai.
The sides exchanged views on the current state and prospects of relations between Azerbaijan and NATO.
NATO Secretary General’s Special Representative for the Caucasus and Central Asia James Appathurai hailed relations and successful cooperation between Azerbaijan and NATO, and especially mentioned the continuous support of Azerbaijan to the operations in Afghanistan for the sake of international peace and security.
Pointing out the reliable and steady relations between Azerbaijan and NATO, Minister Elmar Mammadyarov stressed the development of cooperation within the frames of Individual Partnership Action Plan, Planning and Review Process and Operational Capabilities Concept. He mentioned that Azerbaijan will continue to contribute to the Resolute Support Mission of NATO in Afghanistan.
Mentioning that the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict constitutes major threat to the stability and security in the region, FM Mammadyarov emphasized that for the resolution of the conflict Armenia has to withdraw its armed forces from all occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
At the meeting the sides also discussed regional and international issues of mutual interest.
- Впервые в Бостоне заслуженный артист республики Азербайджан – Шовги Гусейнов
- Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has expressed condolences to President of the United States of America
- Президент Ильхам Алиев выразил соболезнования Дональду Трампу
- Azerbaijani Communications Minister Meets US Ambassador
- Министр транспорта, связи и высоких технологий Азербайджана Рамин Гулузаде встретился с послом США