The Consulate General of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles
requests the pleasure of your company at a unique multi-faith memorial
HEALING THROUGH SHARING:
Multi-Faith Commemoration of the Khojaly Massacre,
Honoring Innocent Victims of A War Crime
on Sunday, February 21, 2016, at 3:00 pm
at King Fahad Mosque
The program will include, among others, presentation by a survivor of the Khojaly Massacre, speeches by prominent faith leaders of Los Angeles’s Christian, Jewish and Muslim communities, as well as joint prayer for the victims and peace.
A buffet reception will follow the main event.
R.S.V.P is required.
Please R.S.V.P. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free parking is available in the Mosque’s parking lot.
Khojaly was a town Azerbaijan. On Feb. 25-26, 1992 the town was attacked, and its population was subjected to a massacre as they tried to evacuate the town. Over 600 people, including up to 300 children, women and elderly were murdered in a bloodshed, which the Human Rights Watch would later call the “largest massacre in the conflict.”
King Fahad Mosque
King Fahad Mosque is the one the largest mosques in the United States. Established in the 1990s, the Mosque is actively engaged in multi-faith dialogue for the purpose of peace, tolerance and harmony among religions.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles