The premiere of “Dance” by famous Azerbaijani composer Firangiz Alizade has been held in San Francisco, the U.S..
Arranged within the Kronos Festival, the masterpiece of Azerbaijani composer was performed by the renowned Kronos Quartet at the San Francisco Jazz Centre, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles reported.
The work combining and symbolizing the ancient and modern Azerbaijani dance rhythms was cheered by the local audience and visitors.
Taking the floor, Ramin Aliyev, staff member of the Azerbaijani Consulate General expressed gratitude to the organizers for their attention to the culture and music of Azerbaijan.
Alizada is an Azerbaijani composer and pianist, currently living in Germany. She is best known for her works which combine the musical tradition of the Azerbaijani Mugam and 20th century Western compositional techniques, especially those of Arnold Schonberg and Gara Garayev.
Firangiz Alizade’s works have been performed at festivals in Stockholm, Warsaw, London, Heidelberg, Amsterdam, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Frankfurt, Berlin, Zurich, Bonn and Cologne.
In 2008 UNESCO titled the honored artist with “UNESCO Artist for Peace.”
The Kronos Quartet is an American string quartet based in San Francisco. They have been in existence with a rotating membership of musicians for over forty years. The quartet specializes in contemporary and new music, with more than 750 works having been written for them.
The quartet was founded by violinist David Harrington in Seattle, Washington. Its first performance was in November 1973. Since 1978, the quartet has been based in San Francisco, California.
- Джейхун Байрамов и помощник госсекретаря США обсудили ситуацию в регионе
- США готовы поддержать всеобъемлющее урегулирование между Азербайджаном и Арменией
- США оказали Азербайджану гуманитарную помощь на шесть миллионов долларов для борьбы с пандемией коронавируса.
- Фонд возрождения Карабаха организовал поездку в Агдам делегации Азербайджано-американской торговой палаты
- Посольство США в Азербайджане поблагодарило служивших в Афганистане азербайджанских миротворцев