US Congressman from New Jersey Donald Payne has made a statement on January 20 and Khojaly tragedies. He said he would like to recognize January 20, 1990 as “Black January”, adding Soviet troops invaded the capital city of Baku and surrounding areas killing tens and injuring hundreds of civilians.
He also asked congressmen to join him in recognizing the horrific atrocities that took place during the month of February in Khojaly, Azerbaijan, 24 years ago. On that day, Payne said, more than 600 people, mostly elderly men, women and children, were brutally killed.
The Congressman also described Azerbaijan as a strong ally of the United States in a strategically important region of the world.
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles
- U.S. City of Phoenix proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day & 100th anniversary of its diplomatic service celebrated in Los Angeles