US Congressman from New Jersey Donald Payne has made a statement on January 20 and Khojaly tragedies. He said he would like to recognize January 20, 1990 as “Black January”, adding Soviet troops invaded the capital city of Baku and surrounding areas killing tens and injuring hundreds of civilians.
He also asked congressmen to join him in recognizing the horrific atrocities that took place during the month of February in Khojaly, Azerbaijan, 24 years ago. On that day, Payne said, more than 600 people, mostly elderly men, women and children, were brutally killed.
The Congressman also described Azerbaijan as a strong ally of the United States in a strategically important region of the world.
- Азербайджан надеется на яркое партнерство с США и в будущем
- Лавров рассказал о влиянии сложных отношений РФ и США на карабахское урегулирование
- В Лос-Анджелесе представлено богатое творческое наследие Мир Джалала Пашаева
- Piano Recital of Nargiz Aliyarova – New York, NY
- US Ambassador Robert F. Cekuta and his spouse Mrs. Cekuta visited the Salyan American Corner