Azerbaijan’s new national stadium is listed among 22 most interesting stadiums opened in 2015. Now it’s up to internet users and Jury to decide whether the stadium in Baku will prove successful.
The host of fist ever European Games is now nominated to become the next Stadium of the Year. Altogether there are 22 nominees from 15 countries and the Baku Olympic Stadium represent possibly the most amazing transformation imaginable: from the deteriorated lake to a stunning world class sports stadium.
The stadium has two chances of being awarded. First one during the Public Vote, which began on January 18 and will last until February 19. Everyone can take part in this vote by selecting 5 most interesting stadiums and simply clicking “vote” on the voting platform.
Only one vote can be cast from every computer or mobile phone and so far already 7,500 people took part, making it the largest vote of its kind in the world.
Another way to become Stadium of the Year 2015 is by winning the praise of the Jury. The Jury includes five famous stadium architects: César Azcárate, Chris Dite, Andrew Edge, Dipesh Patel and José Ribas. Their works include the new stadium of Real Madrid, ultramodern stadia in Singapore, Bilbao or Al Ain and venues for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Stadium of the Year is the world’s largest public competition celebrating the best new stadiums, organized for the 6th time by StadiumDB.com and Stadiony.net. Previous winners include the Aviva Stadium (Dublin), Allianz Parque (Sao Paulo) or Hazza bin Zayed Stadium (Al Ain), among other.
Thanks to the competition’s huge popularity it’s sponsored by Forum Seating, one of the world’s leading suppliers of stadium seats. The company’s products were used for many modern stadiums, including venues of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2012 and 2016.
- Arizona State Capitol event highlights Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism and interfaith tolerance
- The Senate of the U.S. State of Arizona adopts a proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- Внук выдающихся композиторов Закира Багирова и Гара Гараева – саксофонист Зульфугар Багиров выступил на Нью-Йоркской сцене
- Американский наблюдатель: Опыт независимого Азербайджана по проведению выборов – пример для многих стран
- Азербайджан стал вторым на Кубке мира по вольной борьбе