Senior Director for European Affairs at the US National Security Council Charles Kupchan praised the activity of Azerbaijan`s peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan as he met with the country`s Minister of Defense Zakir Hasanov.
The sides exchanged views over military and political situation in the region, joint military trainings and exchange of experience.
The Azerbaijani Minister hailed the level of military cooperation between the two countries, and informed the U.S. official on Azerbaijan`s problems. Mr.Hasanov also spoke of Armenia`s aggressive policy against Azerbaijan, adding the official Yerevan impedes the negotiation process.
US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta was also present at the meeting.
- Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism discussed at International Law and Religion Symposium in the U.S
- Azerbaijan’s Consul General meets U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
- A personal exhibition by Faig Ahmed to open in Washington
- В Азербайджане изменены правила выдачи визы иностранцам
- В Калифорнии учреждена Ассоциация дружбы Монтерей-Лянкяран