Senior Director for European Affairs at the US National Security Council Charles Kupchan praised the activity of Azerbaijan`s peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan as he met with the country`s Minister of Defense Zakir Hasanov.
The sides exchanged views over military and political situation in the region, joint military trainings and exchange of experience.
The Azerbaijani Minister hailed the level of military cooperation between the two countries, and informed the U.S. official on Azerbaijan`s problems. Mr.Hasanov also spoke of Armenia`s aggressive policy against Azerbaijan, adding the official Yerevan impedes the negotiation process.
US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta was also present at the meeting.
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”
- Элина Сулейманов: “Независимый Азербайджан – это лучшая дань памяти жертвам событий 20 января 1990 года.”
- 29th Anniversary of the “Black January” tragedy
- ASAN Service centers to render consular services in Azerbaijan
- Тело убитого в США азербайджанца будет доставлено на родину