Senior Director for European Affairs at the US National Security Council Charles Kupchan praised the activity of Azerbaijan`s peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan as he met with the country`s Minister of Defense Zakir Hasanov.
The sides exchanged views over military and political situation in the region, joint military trainings and exchange of experience.
The Azerbaijani Minister hailed the level of military cooperation between the two countries, and informed the U.S. official on Azerbaijan`s problems. Mr.Hasanov also spoke of Armenia`s aggressive policy against Azerbaijan, adding the official Yerevan impedes the negotiation process.
US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta was also present at the meeting.
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia