Senior Director for European Affairs at the US National Security Council Charles Kupchan praised the activity of Azerbaijan`s peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan as he met with the country`s Minister of Defense Zakir Hasanov.
The sides exchanged views over military and political situation in the region, joint military trainings and exchange of experience.
The Azerbaijani Minister hailed the level of military cooperation between the two countries, and informed the U.S. official on Azerbaijan`s problems. Mr.Hasanov also spoke of Armenia`s aggressive policy against Azerbaijan, adding the official Yerevan impedes the negotiation process.
US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta was also present at the meeting.
- Steven Seagal will become a special guest of the International Music Festival Zhara 2018 in Baku
- Государственный департамент США поддерживает проект “Южный газовый коридор”
- Azerbaijan Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies has signed a three-year agreement with Microsoft for the purchase of software licenses
- Azerbaijan strengthens its influence on world stage
- Азербайджан вошел в топ-50 самых влиятельных стран мира