This cafe is a chain of theme restaurants founded in London in 1971 by Isaac Tigrett and Peter Mortonin. The cafe began covering its walls with rock and roll memorabilia, a tradition which now became its visiting card. Currently, there are 191 Hard Rock locations in 59 countries including 157 cafes, 22 hotels and 11 casinos.
Baku Hard Rock Cafe is expected to welcome its guests already in 2016, as Azerbaijan’s construction company PASHA Insaat is busy with implementing the project.
Although no information available about the location of café, some argue that it will be in the building of the cinema “Azerbaijan”, which is currently under reconstruction.
The official website of the Cafe reports that the franchise has already been acquired.
The first Hard Rock Cafe in the Eastern Europe was opened in Moscow in 2003. In 2006, the restaurant chain Hard Rock Cafe was bought by the Seminole Indian tribe for $ 965 million, and is now headquartered in Orlando, Florida.
Hard Rock Cafe is known for its collection of rock and roll memorabilia. The cafes solicit donations of music memorabilia but also purchase a number of items at auctions around the world, including autographed guitars, costumes from world tours and rare photographs; these are often to be found mounted on cafe walls. The collection began in 1979 with an un-signed Red Fender Lead II guitar from Eric Clapton, who was a regular at the first restaurant in London. Hard Rock’s archive includes over 77,000 items, and is the largest private collection of Rock and Roll memorabilia in the world.
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром
- В США обсудили возможности расширения бизнеса с Азербайджаном
- Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations: Jewish community has long enjoyed peaceful co-existence in Azerbaijan
- Margot Ellis, acting assistant administrator for US Agency for International Development visits Azerbaijan