Acclaimed US mugham specialist Jeffrey Werbock has made a presentation on Azerbaijan`s mugham at the George Washington University as part of the 16th annual meeting of the Central Eurasian Studies Society of the Elliott School of International Affairs.
The presentation included an instrumental solo improvisations based on traditional mugham and played on the oud, kamancha and tar, as well as a lecture on the theory and history of Azerbaijani mugham. The musician spoke about his 40 years of experience in the research and performance of mugham.
Jeffrey Werbock is one of the most unique musicians of the USA, who fell in love with Azerbaijani music in 1971 and devoted his life to the promotion of Azerbaijani mugham. He gave hundreds of concerts and lectures in museums, colleges, universities and community centers in the United States, Israel and other countries.
- Зимняя акция от AZAL: Бесплатный авиабилет детям при путешествии с родителями
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) announces a new winter campaign: Free air tickets for children traveling with parents
- Бакинская высшая школа нефти укрепляет партнерские связи с Baker Hughes, General Electric Company
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”
- Элин Сулейманов: “Независимый Азербайджан – это лучшая дань памяти жертвам событий 20 января 1990 года.”