Acclaimed US mugham specialist Jeffrey Werbock has made a presentation on Azerbaijan`s mugham at the George Washington University as part of the 16th annual meeting of the Central Eurasian Studies Society of the Elliott School of International Affairs.
The presentation included an instrumental solo improvisations based on traditional mugham and played on the oud, kamancha and tar, as well as a lecture on the theory and history of Azerbaijani mugham. The musician spoke about his 40 years of experience in the research and performance of mugham.
Jeffrey Werbock is one of the most unique musicians of the USA, who fell in love with Azerbaijani music in 1971 and devoted his life to the promotion of Azerbaijani mugham. He gave hundreds of concerts and lectures in museums, colleges, universities and community centers in the United States, Israel and other countries.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports