Acclaimed US mugham specialist Jeffrey Werbock has made a presentation on Azerbaijan`s mugham at the George Washington University as part of the 16th annual meeting of the Central Eurasian Studies Society of the Elliott School of International Affairs.
The presentation included an instrumental solo improvisations based on traditional mugham and played on the oud, kamancha and tar, as well as a lecture on the theory and history of Azerbaijani mugham. The musician spoke about his 40 years of experience in the research and performance of mugham.
Jeffrey Werbock is one of the most unique musicians of the USA, who fell in love with Azerbaijani music in 1971 and devoted his life to the promotion of Azerbaijani mugham. He gave hundreds of concerts and lectures in museums, colleges, universities and community centers in the United States, Israel and other countries.
- CNN подготовил репортаж о Баку
- The City of Albuquerque of the U.S. State of New Mexico, proclaimed May 28, 2019 as “Azerbaijan National Day”
- The City of Irvine in California has proclaimed May 28, 2019 as “Azerbaijan National Day”
- A chess tournament dedicated to the 96th birthday anniversary of Heydar Aliyev was in California
- Азербайджан и США проведут переговоры